Community Champion of the Year
This award recognizes the person who has substantially contributed to better Edmonton's startup community over the past year. They have been an integral part of and inspiration for Edmonton's startup community's continued growth and development. Keeping the criteria in mind, tell us why the nominated individual should be considered for the Community Champion of the Year award.
- Leadership: The individual demonstrates leadership in the community. Through their actions and passion, they are a role model for others.
- Advocacy: The individual advocates for the greater community and inspires members and non-members of the community to engage in/support the ecosystem.
- Impact: The individual's contributions have notably impacted the community's development and growth.
- Inclusivity: The individual actively strives to support the entire community with EDI principles in mind.
- Commitment: The individual has demonstrated commitment to the community's continued development by investing their time and/or other resources.
- Selfless: In reflection of Brad Feld’s Startup Communities and the values of the Rainforest, this individual gives back to the community without expecting anything in return. Their actions are altruistic in nature.
- Must be based in Edmonton.